The Southern Queensland Country (SQC) Destination Management Plan 2020 – 2023 has been developed to provide strategic direction for the Southern Queensland Country Tourism (SQCT) region and its stakeholders to plan for sustainable management, development, and marketing of tourism. SQCT’s geographical footprint includes the regions of Toowoomba, Lockyer Valley, Southern Downs and Granite Belt, Goondiwindi and Western Downs.
The overarching objective of the SQC Destination Management Plan 2020 – 2023 is to help sustainably grow the visitor economy. This includes:
• Attracting a targeted mix of intrastate, interstate and internationalvisitors
• Encouraging greater dispersal and spend across the region
• Increasing visitation in low and shoulder seasons
• Working collaboratively with the industry to develop quality experiences and tourism product
• Ensuring tourism is managed sustainably – with growth and development consistent with community values
SQCT's DTP provides a comprehensive overview considering the regions assets and advantages, product offerings and visitor profiles.
SQCT uses a holistic destination management approach that includes planning, implementation, regular reviews and assessment.